The Coloring Book Birthday Cake or Party Cake is perfect for your little artist! Parents and family members are all just so busy in today's world. We have great intentions and grand ambitions to prepare awesome parties for our children. In reality it's hard to find time to bake, prepare, and decorate a cake, not to mention preparing all the other details that go into a great party.
We want to help you Make Memories with Craft Time by providing the cake with the coloring book template already drawn and the tools necessary for your little ones to decorate it.
What is this wonderful experience worth?
$58 for Memories that are Priceless
$58 for a 1/4 sheet cake and 6 bag setup. Serves 24.
- Tell us your child's favorite theme, and we will draw a suitable coloring book image on the cake.
- We will include the finishing borders and a gift message in your child's favorite colors, and we will use a low profile upper border to prevent hands and wrists from damaging the top scene as they work.
- We provide 6 clear disposable bags containing 2 ounces of colored buttercream, neatly tied at the top with pretty curling ribbons, to prevent an oozing mess.
- Add additional bags of icing for just $1.50 each.
- This craft is best suited for children ages 5 to 99. :)
- A 1/4 sheet cake, serving 24 slices, can have about 4 to 5 children painting it at one time, if spread evenly around the table.
- The children were very neat and tidy. While we expected a large mess at the end of the experiment, we found that most of the icing landed onto the cake, or directly into little mouths. There was very little cleanup!
- The children played fair and shared their working space very well and understood the concept with very little direction.
- There was a lot of excitement as the end of each bag was cut open and readied.
- This entire craft lasted about 15 minutes. They were FAST! We were really impressed!
I would have absolutely LOVED a "Coloring Book Page" turned "Birthday Cake"! Imagine craft time with 4 or 5 of your best buddies...coloring your cake in great anticipation of the final result and then getting to EAT it! Sounds like a fun time to me!
At first, everyone was being super meticulous about the color placements and staying in the lines.
Lesson learned...we've reduced the amount of icing in each bag to about 2 ounces of buttercream. The smaller amount will be easier for little hands, and less likely to cover the cake in colorful "mountains" as Clayton called them. *teehee*
This is what exhausted little icing bags look like!
Thank you, Judy, for bringing the kiddos in for craft time and cake decorating experimentation!